In the last six months, 292 people were murdered in Chicago. In the same period, there were 183 Americans casualties in Iraq. Who leads Illinois, in Chicago?
Well, there are
- Senators Barack Obama and Dick Durbin, Democrats both.
- There is Representative Jesse Jackson, Jr., a Democrat.
- There is Governor Rod Blogojevich, a Democrat.
- There is house leader Mike Madigan, a Democrat.
- There is Attorney General Lisa Madigan, a Democrat.
- There is Mayor Richard Daley, a Democrat.
A couple more data points:
As my friend observes: “This is the political culture that Obama comes from in Illinois. He’s going to ‘fix’ Washington politics?”
- The Illinois State pension fund is $44 billion in debt. That’s the worst in the country. Thanks, folks!
- Cook County, wherein Chicago sits, not only put JFK in the White House back in 1960 by encouraging everyone, dead or alive, to vote early and vote often, but it also has the highest sales tax in the United States: 10.25 percent.
- Meanwhile, the Chicago school system is one of the  worst in the country.
Saturday, October 4, 2008
Obama's City is a Disaster
data points from the windy city point to a city beset by crime and other pathologies: